so sorry for not posting; i keep writing drafts and then i don’t have enough time to edit or finish them. but right now i’m determined to finish this post.
SOO, recently (AS IN 3 HOURS AGO), i cut my own hair. ME. CUTTING. MY. OWN. HAIR. i had pretty long hair. it was really really straight and it was the same everyday. it had been a long time since i’d gotten a haircut, so my hair was pretty settled and flat. then i saw pictures of people with lobs (long bobs) and they all looked gorgeous. i didn’t think of cutting it at first, but then i realized my hair had no body and was the same thing everyday. after around a week, i tried to see what my hair would look like shorter.
after thinking for another two weeks, i started looking up ways to cut hair. the reason for cutting my own hair is because every time i go to the salon i end up not getting what i want even if i bring pictures. i watched youtube videos and thought of a method.
after having a method and wanting to cut my hair, i still waited another week and a half after actually cutting it. yesterday, i was really wanting to cut my hair and just decided i would do it. my mom gave me a pair of hair shears and a comb and i went into the bathroom. i cut a little to see what it would be like, and i just started cutting more. i honestly wasn’t emotionally attached cutting my hair after the first cut. i played around and messed around until i was happy with it.
OUTCOME: i’m so glad i cut my hair. it started out as wanting to cut off split ends and it turned into something that i’m proud of and i am so glad i did.
if you want to cut your hair and transform you hair, read on.
1. decide whether you want to cut your hair: play with your hair to see what it would look like shorter. decide what length you think you look better in. go with what you think you would look better in; don’t go with a hairstyle someone else looks great in. consider your face shape and decide. look at the website below for help.
2. find inspiration: once you find the hairstyle you want, look up examples of it. find which type you like best and gather a lot of pictures. these are the pictures i found.
3. wait a little: waiting some time will mean less chance of regret for you. it makes yourself sure you want the haircut and make you happier.
4. decide how to cut it: decide how you want to cut it. decide whether you want to get it professionally done or do it yourself.
cutting layers yourself: the way i cut my hair was i split my hair in half from ear to ear. i took the top half and put it in a ponytail all the way at the top of my head. (like in the picture). in the picture, it’ll result in two layers. the way i did it (half hair at a time), it gave me three layers.
decide where you want to cut your hair, and then put a ponytail where you want to cut. then cut in a straight line above the ponytail. if you want more of a v shape in your hair, cut above the ponytail diagonally.
5. trimming and fixing up: to make the cut less blunt, thinning shears and point cutting is what would be best. if you don’t have thinning shears like i did, use regular scissors or shears. using this would give you more volume and is better for short hair. take a small section of hair and cut little bits off as you go down (like really really little snips). point cutting would make your cut less blunt and a little shorter. take sections of hair, slide to the end, and cut vertical to your hair. it will take some hair off make the cut softer.
6. ENJOY YOUR HAIR!!!! once you’re happy with your hairstyle, take a second and admire your work. play with your hair and see how you want to wear it and style it. take some pictures and show people your work. BE PROUD AND ENJOY YOUR NEW HAIR 🙂 !!!
here’s how my hair turned out 🙂 i gave myself bangs by accident but i love the way it turned out.
HAVE FUN WITH YOUR HAIR IT’LL TURN OUT AMAZING!!! ❤